We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Which Mitspe Ramon hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
189 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Hello. My husband, adult daughter and will arrive in Mitspe Ramon on Monday afternoon, January 6. We would like a guide to take us on a jeep tour on Tuesday or Wednesday. Suggestions for a private guide would be welcome.

Also, ideas on what else to "not miss". We plan to leave Thursday to spend a few days in Eilat.

Thanks!

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,256 posts
265 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

What is your concern. Driving on Shabbat is no different than on any other day of the week, you should be fine. I would drive back on Sunday to do some touring along the way.

Chana

Israel

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
189 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

My concern is two-fold: whether there will be gas stations open on Shabbat; and whether it is a waste of time to do a return drive rather than fly back to Tel Aviv. The problem with flying is I have to get to Eilat to return the car by noon on Friday and I do not like having a set schedule.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,313 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

I will add my very strong recommendation of Adam Sela or his son Nadav, who works with him. I toured with Adam for the second time last month, and he is WONDERFUL! I met and talked at length with his son, who is great as well. For more information, see www.adamsela.com.

Enjoy!

Douglas Duckett

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
12,236 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

Nearly all gas stations are open on Shabbat.

15. Re: jeep tour around mitzpe ramon in january 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 am, July 06, 2016