We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internal fligts in Vietnam

Brisbane
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Internal fligts in Vietnam

I was going to catch flights between Saignon and Hoi An and Hoi An and Hanoi. But, a travel agent told me they would cost around $250-$300, does this sound right?

I also read that the airline system is not the best and delays departing may end up not being much faster than catching an overnight train (if you are able to sleep)

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Quang Nam Province, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internal fligts in Vietnam

Is that travel agent in Australia?

Their quote is very steep and you would be better served to book direct with Vietnam Airlines. Check their website for the fares on your dates: vietnamairlines.com/wps/portal/en/site/home…

Vietnam Airlines is pretty reliable time-wise and even if a flight is delayed a little it will still get you to your destination much faster than the train.

Mentioned in this post
australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internal fligts in Vietnam

We flew

Saigon to Nha Trang,

Nha Trang to Danang,

Danang to Saigon

For two of us the cost was a touch under $600 for 6 flights.

All of our flights were with Vietnam Airlines and the flights were all on time and no problems at all.

Our flights were booked through an agent in Vietnam (as part of a tour)

Edited: 9:06 am, July 21, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internal fligts in Vietnam

sorry that should read

Saigon to Nha Trang,

Nha Trang to Danang,

Danang to Hanoi

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
14,598 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internal fligts in Vietnam

2OldDucksBrissie, the last thing I would advise is a train between Saigon and Danang/Hoi An - it's just too long and a real waste of vacation time. However, the train between Danang and Hanoi is another story - much shorter and faster, and you can ride in an upgraded class on Livitrans.

I agree that booking directly on the Vietnam Air website is cheaper and the way I do it.

Mentioned in this post
Hoi An
Hoi An
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Brisbane
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Internal fligts in Vietnam

Thank you heaps everyone. This is great advice. The travel agent is with flight centre in Australia. I'll check out Vietnam Air. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Brisbane
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Internal fligts in Vietnam

Total gratitude. Just checked the flights and they are around $45-50 Saigon-Da Nang, $60-70 Da Nang Hanoi and $170 Siem Reap to Saigon.

Mentioned in this post
Da Nang
Da Nang
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Siem Reap
Siem Reap
Siem Reap Province, Cambodia
7. Re: Internal fligts in Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, July 23, 2014