We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xua Nay ( Past and Present ) Cafe, Can Tho City.

Coleraine, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Xua Nay ( Past and Present ) Cafe, Can Tho City.

On my 2 visits to Can Tho City, I spent time in the Xua Nay ( meaning past and present ) café, located on Nguyen An Ninh street, 50 metres from the Kim Lan Hotel ( which I also recommend ).

The café is owned and ran by Mr Minh, a lovely man who speaks good English. It's a leafy courtyard café and is a oasis from the noise and heat of the city. They offer a limited vegetarian menu although Mr Minh hopes to introduce some European dishes soon. The smoothies, fruit juices and coffee are delicious and they also serve beer. There is nice Vietnamese backround music and in the evening they have Karaoke from 7.30pm till 10.00pm as well as a fuller musical program every Saturday night. The clientele is almost all Vietnamese but I have always been made welcome there. If you want to see how local Vietnamese relax then why not call in. At the moment there is no website although I understand Mr Minh hopes to start one.

I have no vested interest in the Xua Nay Café other than I enjoy going there and I'm friends with Mr Minh, but I hope that more visitors can enjoy their hospitality.

Selwyn Laird ( Northern Ireland )

1. Re: Xua Nay ( Past and Present ) Cafe, Can Tho City.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 02, 2014