We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Can Tho Sunset From Xom Chai Village

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Topic
Best Can Tho Sunset From Xom Chai Village

Good evening all

While you are staying / visiting in Can Tho, if you would like to experience the real life of Can Tho people and observe the best sunset. You leave your hotel at 05:30 pm, walk to the Xom Chai Ferry near the Can Tho commerical center or Sao Hom resturant, buy the ticket 1000 vnd per person, and take ferry crossing the river. You will arrive Xom Chai ( Fishing village), have a walk along river bank to meet lovely local peope, observe the sunset, and the twilight. At the end of the road, you will see Mieu Ba ( Lady temple) built 114 years ago.

This Xom Chai village on the other side of the river bank is so much different from Can Tho city, You will see the real life of Mekong people, how they live, how they do business and how they make money and there are no tourists there

here are some photos which I have just taken recently

2shared.com/photo/…2012-04-06_175823.html

2shared.com/photo/…2012-04-08_181343.html

www.2shared.com/photo/A4ZxOM7P/DSC00540.html

www.2shared.com/photo/uvVuFXQx/DSC01320.html

www.2shared.com/photo/oaj06Rs-/DSC00576.html

2shared.com/photo/…2012-04-04_181740.html

Jason SSS

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Can Tho Sunset From Xom Chai Village

very nice Jason is it safe after sunset on that side of the river? will be down that way on the 17th cant wait we have 3 days there then of to Nha Trung!!

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Can Tho Sunset From Xom Chai Village

very nice Jason is it safe after sunset on that side of the river? will be down that way on the 17th cant wait we have 3 days there then of to Nha Trung!!

Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Can Tho Sunset From Xom Chai Village

oops not sure why the double send ;>)

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Can Tho Sunset From Xom Chai Village

Dear Jmcmb , It is safe to stay there after the sunset around 06:30 pm. Local people there are very friendly. Remember when you take photos of them, you please show them on your camera. They love to see their photos

I forgot to mention you, I have just discovered a 100 year old man with the nick name: Ba Tau, he is living there a lone, his house is located on the river bank side, 100 meters from the Ferry Station on the left turn . He used to have 5 wifes and 14 children . He loves to be taken his photos and always ask if the guests have a chance to come back to his house, please develop his photos and bring them for him. Can you believe that he is still selling Saigon beer for the villagers at the age of 100 years old ?

Here is Mr Ba Tau photo. I will develop his photo and give it to him on my next visit to Xom Chai village later this month

www.2shared.com/photo/-s5hMGxj/DSC00606.html

Jason SSS

5. Re: Best Can Tho Sunset From Xom Chai Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 am, June 19, 2013