We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saigon to Can tho

Christchurch
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Saigon to Can tho

Hi has anyone got any up to date information on transport from Saigon to Can tho.

Which is the best by boat or road.

Which is best for sight seeing.

We are travelling in 2 weeks, last minute plans as we have swapped from Thailand

Thanks

1. Re: Saigon to Can tho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, June 20, 2010
Christchurch
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saigon to Can tho

Thanks so much Jason for your great information, we were thinking of just staying 1 night and then going to Rach Gia to catch a ferry to Pho Quoc island for 7 nights.

I am not sure if it would be better to stay 2 days in Can Tho on the way.

I have read that it is easy and cheap to get a bus to Rach Gia is that correct?

and I read in an old forum about taking an express boat to get to Can Tho Ithink it was called Thanh Nhan Express ship.

Will it be easy for me to book these tickets once I get to Vietnam or should I do it from New Zealand

Christchurch
Level Contributor
37 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saigon to Can tho

I was reading your second option again which sounds most like what what we want to achieve. How do I organise a trip like that but instead of returning to Saigon go on to Phu Quoc

Thanks

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Saigon to Can tho

Good morning

Wish you have a nice Thursday

Please read my reply and suggestion

Thanks so much Jason for your great information, we were thinking of just staying 1 night and then going to Rach Gia to catch a ferry to Pho Quoc island for 7 nights.

and I read in an old forum about taking an express boat to get to Can Tho Ithink it was called Thanh Nhan Express ship.

Will it be easy for me to book these tickets once I get to Vietnam or should I do it from New Zealand

less

3.6:21 pm by kittycatChristchurch

I was reading your second option again which sounds most like what what we want to achieve. How do I organise a trip...more

I was reading your second option again which sounds most like what what we want to achieve. How do I organise a trip like that but instead of returning to Saigon go on to Phu Quoc

Thanks

less

1-3 of 3 replies Before you post...

While you're here, please keep in mind:

Posts must adhere to our Community Guidelines.

You must be at least 13 years old to post.

No advertising or solicitation of any kind.

We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Reply to: Saigon to Can tho

You are posting as JASONTOURGUIDEVN. Not you?

Your message

Good morning

===> That's the traditional to explore Mekong Delta for 3 days, 2 nights ( one night in Can Tho & another night in Rach Gia ).

===> Since Vietnam Airlines opened new route Saigon- Can Tho, Can Tho- Rach Gia. No guests go to Rach Gia to catch ferry to Phu Quoc because the cost is nearly the same ( transport from Can Tho to Rach Gia, taxi fare from hotel to boat station, speed boat tickets ) = air ticket

===> I recommend you staying in Can Tho for 2 days and then fly to Phu Quoc from Can Tho. I am sure you would love to stay in Can Tho for at least 2 days. My TA guests loved visiting & staying in Can Tho longer more than 1 day

===> Mai Linh express bus from Can Tho to Rach Gia is 5 USD more or less

===> Or you can hire a private car from Can Tho to Rach Gia

====> Thanh Nhan express boat company went bankruptcy years ago, No more speed boat from Saigon to Can Tho , from Can Tho to Saigon

You will choose one of these 3 options

+ Option # 1 : Take private tour from Saigon- Cai Be - Can Tho for 2 days

+ Option # 2 : Hire private car from Saigon to Can Tho ( 4 hours drive )

+ Option # 3 : Mai Linh express bus / Phuong Trang express bus from Saigon to Can Tho

===> These tickets ? What do you mean ?

+ Air tickets , yes, you can book online or ask your travel agent to book and buy for you

+ Bus tickets , no, you will book one or two day before your departure

+ Speed boat tickets , no. You will ask your travel agent or hotel in Rach Gia to book for you in advance before your departure to Mekong

You are welcome with more questions

Best regards

Jason SSS

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Saigon to Can tho

So sorry for wrong copy & paste

Here we go

Good morning

===> That's the traditional to explore Mekong Delta for 3 days, 2 nights ( one night in Can Tho & another night in Rach Gia ).

===> Since Vietnam Airlines opened new route Saigon- Can Tho, Can Tho- Rach Gia. No guests go to Rach Gia to catch ferry to Phu Quoc because the cost is nearly the same ( transport from Can Tho to Rach Gia, taxi fare from hotel to boat station, speed boat tickets ) = air ticket

===> I recommend you staying in Can Tho for 2 days and then fly to Phu Quoc from Can Tho. I am sure you would love to stay in Can Tho for at least 2 days. My TA guests loved visiting & staying in Can Tho longer more than 1 day

===> Mai Linh express bus from Can Tho to Rach Gia is 5 USD more or less

===> Or you can hire a private car from Can Tho to Rach Gia

====> Thanh Nhan express boat company went bankruptcy years ago, No more speed boat from Saigon to Can Tho , from Can Tho to Saigon

You will choose one of these 3 options

+ Option # 1 : Take private tour from Saigon- Cai Be - Can Tho for 2 days

+ Option # 2 : Hire private car from Saigon to Can Tho ( 4 hours drive )

+ Option # 3 : Mai Linh express bus / Phuong Trang express bus from Saigon to Can Tho

===> These tickets ? What do you mean ?

+ Air tickets , yes, you can book online or ask your travel agent to book and buy for you

+ Bus tickets , no, you will book one or two day before your departure

+ Speed boat tickets , no. You will ask your travel agent or hotel in Rach Gia to book for you in advance before your departure to Mekong

You are welcome with more questions

Best regards

Jason SSS

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Saigon to Can tho

Good afternoon from Jason

Here we go with the air fare

VN 499 Can Tho- Phu Quoc

12:00- 12:40

It costs 783.000 VND for one ticket

Best regards

Jason SSS

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Saigon to Can tho

From HCMC airport, I want to reach Can Tho asap? Pls recommend the best road options?

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Saigon to Can tho

Dear usgn,

Sorry I do not know your real name

The best way to reach Can Tho from Tan Son Nhat airport, you will hire a private car to pick up you upon your arrival time and send you to Can Tho with a stop at Mekong Rest Stop for lunch or for toilet or with a short visit to Minh Phu Rest Stop for 6 star toilet and lovely bonsai garden

It takes you around 4 hours to arrive Can Tho from TSN airport

For 7 seat car, it costs you around 95 USD- 100 USD

For 16 seat car, It costs you around 110 USD- 120 USD

Best regards

Jason SSS

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Saigon to Can tho

Dear Jason

Sorry to ask you to repeat yourself as you have probably done many times!

Is there no longer any boat service that goes from HCMC to Can Tho? Is it possible to hire a boat to just take two of us to Can Tho? If so, how much would it cost?

Many thanks

Becky

HCMC
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Saigon to Can tho

Dear Becky

Many thanks for your message

Wish you have a nice Wednesday evening

There is no more public boat from Saigon to Can Tho and from Can Tho to Saigon

If you have enough money, you will go to Vuon Kieng Bach Dang, near the Renaissance Riverside hotel and rent a private tour from Saigon to Can Tho. I think it costs you around 300 USD- 500 USD

You will choose one of these options

+ Option # 1 : Fly from Saigon to Can Tho

+ Option # 2 : Book Can Tho 2 days tour with a stop at Cai Be for floating market, sampan ride, home cooked lunch at the local house en route to Can Tho

+ Option # 3 : rent a private car from Saigon to Can Tho around 95 USD- 110 USD

+ Option # 4 : Take Mai Linh express bus or Phuong Trang express bus

Have a great journey there !!!

Best regards

Jason SSS

PS : If you stay at Victoria Can Tho, you will ask the reception to pick up you from Bach Dang quay and transfer you to the hotel. But I think you will pay a fortune !!!