We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam - Chau Doc to Saigon by boat

sydney
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Vietnam - Chau Doc to Saigon by boat

In mid Feb I will arrive in Chau Doc from Phnom Penh and I am wanting to catch a boat (cheap option) from Chau Doc to Saigon.

Could someone please advise the time this would take, and any good operators. I would like to see the floating markets...

How much time should I set aside to get from Chau Doc to Saigon?

Thanks in advance

Gladesville...
Level Contributor
184 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam - Chau Doc to Saigon by boat

wadup

Chau Doc hey? ive only travelled from there to Can Tho which is about 5 hours by boat & can take up to 8 hours on the slow boat which is a waste of a whole day to save a few bucks if u ask me.

The floating markets u will see at both Chau Doc & Can Tho, where Can Tho is much larger & lively. I dont think you would have trouble organising transport from Can Tho to Saigon

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
4,422 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam - Chau Doc to Saigon by boat

Not possible to travel by boat from Chau Doc to Saigon, it can only be done by road. You can catch a boat as far as Vinh Long or My Tho and then pick up the road to Saigon from there, but not possible to go by boat all the way.

3. Re: Vietnam - Chau Doc to Saigon by boat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 am, August 08, 2010