We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trekking in umphang in july

Antwerp, Belgium
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trekking in umphang in july

Has anybody experience with a 2 or 3 day trekking in Umphang. I would like to go there with my wife and two older children.

Is the weather at that moment convenient? Is the trekking with a guide easy? Any suggestions?

I hope this national park is less touristic then moving to the region of Chiang May.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: trekking in umphang in july

Its well off the tourist track, but it can be a little wet in July.

Holbeach, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trekking in umphang in july

I am in Umphang now ...

great place staying at Bann Farang only place with live music in town and a good restaurant mostly thai but arrangements could be made ... great pizza .. need to review when I finish my stay . colder mornings than Chiang Mai .. river ride and waterfall good fun worth doing .. not much else but listen to the river :-) ..

very very few tourists in town as only small buses only of people only as the drive over is a long way and winding roads .. worth the trip though!!

Holbeach, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trekking in umphang in july

... for guides consult the hotels it seems that they all can get local guides to do the trips for you .. Umphang nice place to relax :-) few farang

Reply to: trekking in umphang in july
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Umphang