We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surin to Siem Reab

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Surin to Siem Reab

I'd like to spend a few days in Surin, then travel through the nearest border crossing (O'Smach?) and eventually make my way on to Siem Reab. Any advice from recent travelers about what that trip might be like in mid-December, 2011 would be much appreciated.

1 reply
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surin to Siem Reab

I do not have the answers you are looking for, but I have some suggestions. I do not remember the name of the border crossing southeast of Prasat, in southern Surin province. The border issues between Thailand and Cambodia had spilled over to that area earlier this year, but I think the border crossing is open again. The closest border crossing is about a 1 hour drive from the city of Surin, through the town of Prasat. The route to the border is relatively well marked from the main Highway 24 intersection in Prasat. I would encourage being very flexible with your travel plans. There are several bars and restaurants that cater to farang customers in Surin and Prasat. Those would be good places to seek out information about the current status of border crossings. The Cambodia forum may have better information about Cambodia.

Reply to: Surin to Siem Reab
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted