We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tents in Surin Island - Theft

New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Tents in Surin Island - Theft

Hi I'm thinking about doing a Wicked tours snorkeling trip for 3 days and would have to be in a tent overnight in the Surin Islands I'm wondering if there is any theft on the islands when you're off snorkeling? Also has anyone done this trip its for 3 days and 2 nights. Thank you.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,754 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tents in Surin Island - Theft

I think you are in the wrong forum. This is the forum for Surin, a province in the North East of Thailand. The Surin Islands are in Southern Thailand in Phang Nga Province but questions are generally posted in the Khao Lak Forum which is the most popular place for tourists who fit a Surin Islands tour, day trip or overnight, in with a longer beach holiday in Khao Lak.

So you could pop over to that forum at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g297914-i10908-K… if you have further questions and look at the Top Questions and FAQs on top right, particularly the one about snorkeling.

However, in direct answer to this post, have a look at this link to my report of our 3 day 2 night stay in a tent on the Surins tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

There are some lockers at Reception for storage of a limited amount of valuables but we left all but necessary items in our resort in Khao Lak and only took a minimal amount of cash for drinks as meals were included in our tour price. There was no evidence of theft and since the inception of the Khao Lak forum in 2006 no-one has to my knowledge included any reports of theft in their comments to other travellers.

New York
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tents in Surin Island - Theft

thank you so much! I enjoyed reading about your nights and now I know that "tenting it" is not for me.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,754 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tents in Surin Island - Theft

There are bungalows there. You can also stay overnight on the Similan Islands, tent or bungalow.

4. Re: Tents in Surin Island - Theft

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 12, 2012