We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early bus from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Early bus from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok

Does anyone know how early the buses start leaving Sukhothai for Phitsanulok. Just wondering whether it would be possible to get to Phitsanulok in time to catch the train to Bangkok (I think one leaves at 9.00am). Logistically it might be easier just to catch a bus directly to Bangkok, but I thought the train would be more relaxing and scenic. Will be travelling with kids ( 8 and 10). Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,355 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Early bus from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok

Hi,

We took an air con bus back from Sukothai to Bangkok a few weeks ago, it is much easier than to take a bus to Phitsanoluk and then a train which will almost certainly be late. The bus we travelled on took about 6.5 hours to reach Mo Chit. The train journey is nothing special.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Early bus from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok

Thanks so much AjarnAndy.

That is really helpful. The bus sounds like a much more straightforward option. Do you mind if I ask you which bus company you travelled with and whether there was a toilet onboard?

We will be staying on Old Sulhothai, so not sure whether buses leave from there or whether we will need to travel to New Sukhothai first.

Thanks again

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,355 posts
42 reviews
3. Re: Early bus from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok

Hi and you are welcome,

I can't remember if there was a toilet on the bus or not but half way through the journey we stopped for lunch and a bathroom break. Of what I remember at least some of the buses begin the journey in Old Sukothai, if not there is a songtaow service between the two. Buses to Bangkok are frequent enough.

Edited: 8:52 am, June 01, 2016
Reply to: Early bus from Sukhothai to Phitsanulok
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted