We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

We are planning a 26-day trip to Thailand for February 2015, and apart from a few days in Bangkok, will be focusing on the north. We plan to include Phitsanulok. As we don't know the area, we would be most grateful to hear from anyone who does who can recommend pleasant, clean, well-located budget accommodation for a mature age couple. We usually budget on AUD 30 or so per night (except for Bangkok, of course).

Thanks in advance.

7 replies to this topic
Nan Province...
Level Contributor
536 posts
333 reviews
1. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

I stayed once in "Topland" Hotel, what is a big and bit older hotel but right in the city center. Then next to the famous temple is "Yodia Heritage Boutique Hotel" what I think is not a budget hotel, but nice hotel and good location. I also stayed once at "Amarin Lagoon Hotel" what is out of town and old. The last time I stayed at "Ayara Grand Palace Hotel", also in the city. This is a modern not too expensive hotel.

Thung Chang...
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
13 reviews
2. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

When in Phitsanulok, I like to stay close to the river, in the centre, within walking distance to the night market and the restaurants on the river. But, not so easy to find good budget accommodation around there.

Grand Riverside Hotel, about 1.500 Baht.

Amarin Nakorn Hotel 600 Baht (very old hotel)

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

Hi

I stay at the P1 House when in Phitsanulok..

Nan Province...
Level Contributor
536 posts
333 reviews
4. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

Amarin Nakorn is really a old dump now. Would recommend NOT to stay there, although the location is good.

Phitsanulok...
1 post
5. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

Have you got a travel plan to visit Phitsanulok in your mind? It would be nice, if you can give me more details about the places would you like to visit. So, I can recommend the most suitable hotel for you ^_^. If you want to stay in the city center, there may be no new hotels for in this price. As far as I know, there are many old hotels and not expensive in the city center, for example, Amarin Nakorn hotel, Pailyn Phitsanulok hotel and LiThai guesthouse. Moreover, there are quite many new boutique hotels around the city such as Phuthong hotel and Boon Me heritage.

Edited: 6:23 am, October 16, 2014
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
58 reviews
6. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

We are travelling as a group of 4 going to phisanulok Nov 4 we want to be close to railway station, because we are catching a train to bangkok, any advice would be helpful

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
644 reviews
7. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations

@#6, do a search on Agoda for Phitsanulok hotels. Then find the link to "view on a map" and study the map display. That will show you hotel names and prices. You can then work on Agoda prices and reviews, and TA reviews and photos, to get ideas.

Regarding Phitsanulok, I'm not sure if there is the perfect hotel there. At least I haven't found it yet. (I like reasonably spacious rooms, a nice breakfast, modest price - e.g. between 500 and 1000 baht in provincial capital cities, location convenient to train & bus stations, a few key features in town (In Phitsanulok that would be Wat Yai, the Buddha Casting Foundry, the Folk Museum, and the riverfront/night market) restaurants, and a park.) From the park aspect alone, that isn't likely to happen in P'lok. Though the riverfront could be a substitute, I suppose. The best compromise that I've found so far may have been the Pailyn - just expect it to not have been renovated yesterday. There are still a few candidates for me to work through on future visits.

But if you study TA and Agoda reviews, prices, and photos, you should be able to decide what to select. And you have a helpful offer in response #5 from Phitsanulok resident Cucuty, to help you with ideas.

Though I haven't yet found the perfect lodging, I *do* like Phitsanulok. For its own attractions and for its convenient access to Sukhothai and other areas.

Reply to: Phitsanulok accommodation recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted