We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What To Do In Phitsanulok?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
166 posts
38 reviews
What To Do In Phitsanulok?

I'm here for a few days and there are hardly any tourists which is fine by me but none of the locals seem to speak any English. Is there anywhere that 'farangs' congregate at night? I'm at a guest house that is more like a hotel, no bar and no common area where backpackers would normally meet people. Just looking for some nightlife. I did the night bazaar last night which was OK but just wondering if there's anything else?

2 replies to this topic
Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
644 reviews
1. Re: What To Do In Phitsanulok?

I don't know of any farang-centric places in P'lok. You might check the local Tawandang for a larger beer-garden-with-music type of place, but "everyone" will likely be local. BTW, I have not yet been to that particular Tawandang (it's on my list) but have enjoyed others, in other towns (though, for me, usually best to go with at least one other person).

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
780 posts
2. Re: What To Do In Phitsanulok?

Did you check out the floating restaurants/bars on the river, some opposite the Night Bazzar?

Topland Hotel (adjacent to Topland Shopping Center) has a club which is the main 'nightlife' place to go in P'lok. There are a few places outside of town but you'd need transport and local knowledge.

You should also check out the famous Wat Phra Si at night - just down the road from Topland on the river, you can't miss it.

Reply to: What To Do In Phitsanulok?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted