We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phitsanulok accommodation

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Phitsanulok accommodation

We are planning a 25-day trip to Thailand in November, and apart from a few days in Bangkok, will be focusing on the north. We plan to include Phitsanulok. As we don't know the area, we would be most grateful to hear from anyone who does who can recommend pleasant, clean, well-located budget accommodation for a mature age couple. We usually budget on AUD 30 per night (except for Bangkok, of course).

Thanks in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Phitsanulok...
1 post
1. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation

Try the newly opened Le Parc Hotel beautiful big clean rooms and very happy and friendly staff, very welcoming atmosphere. Also has a nice pool and in a quiet neighborhood off the main highway.

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
644 reviews
2. Re: Phitsanulok accommodation

Much of this depends on your plans for your stay in Phitsanulok, and how you plan to arrive and depart. For me, Phitsanulok makes a great base while taking a day trip or two to Sukhothai Historical Park. As a bonus, Phitsanulok's riverside night market is a pleasant place for an evening meal. And Wat Yai should not be missed - with the folk museum and Buddha casting foundry also IMHO very much worthwhile. Arriving from the south by rail, bus, and air all work. Continuing northward by rail or bus also works. Going east or west, bus is the main option - with Phitsanulok being a good place for transferring to different parts of the north, northeast, and centre of the country.

That said, Phitsanulok used to have a convenient and pleasant city bus service. But that was reportedly just terminated after years of operation. So you are now constrained to tuk tuks, song theaws (pickup trucks equipped to carry passengers) and taxis. Phitsanulok has nicely priced metre taxis, which I would suggest. If you can't find one, you (or your hotel) can phone for them.

For me, the best area to stay, if you don't have your own wheels, is downtown, near the train station. Most hotels in that area are rather old, and variously worn, with commensurate prices. No problem with safety, but you are giving up on vibe. Nicer places tend to be a bit (or quite a lot) farther afield.

Check TA hotel reviews. Also hotel booking sites like Agoda (which has a useful map so you can see hotel locations). I like Agoda's mapping better than TA's though none of those sites are quite perfect. That can help you to play off price, photos of properties, prices, etc. w.r.t. the train and bus stations, etc.

Reply to: Phitsanulok accommodation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted