We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire Car

Hua Hin, Thailand
Level Contributor
116 posts
13 reviews
Hire Car

Hi

Does anyone have any experience of hiring a car in Phitsanulok to drop it back in Nan?

I am fairly sure I can hire one in Phitsanulok, but have not been able to find one that can be dropped back in Nan.

Any help gladly accepted.

The other option is to get a driver to take us up to Nan and hire a car there for some sightseeing.

cheers

Shane

Worldwide
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
644 reviews
1. Re: Hire Car

I see that Budget and Avis are listed as having outlets in Phitsanulok airport.

However, drop-off in Nan could be your bigger challenge. Both Budget and Avis have agencies outlets in Chiang Mai - but on quick glance I can't see any location closer to Nan than Chiang Mai.

I checked Nok Air's info about airports. Though they note that there are car rental facilities in Phitsanulok and Chiang Mai, they make no such mention about Nan.

A couple of options:

1. Consider return car rentals from Phitsanulok, Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai - visiting Nan and returning the car to your pickup location, or another as you might arrange in advance. You can get to any of those three places by air or road, and to Phitsanulok and Chiang Mai also by train.

2. As you say, look for a car and driver in Nan (perhaps by contacting the TAT office - the legit one rather than a travel agent with "TAT" emblazoned outside (not so likely in Nan as in some other places).

Are you set on the idea of going to Nan by car? One can go by road or rail to Den Chai, then by bus to Nan. Or one may fly to/from Nan (from/to Bangkok, Chiang Mai, or Chiang Mai).

Edited: 1:41 am, April 19, 2013
2. Re: Hire Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:36 pm, June 05, 2015
3. Re: Hire Car

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:36 pm, June 05, 2015
4. Re: Hire Car

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, July 30, 2018