We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

Hello!

It will be our first time in Thailand. We plan to stay overnight in Phitsanulok and then head out to Sukhothai in the morning, and then return to Phitsanulok at the end of the day.

We are wondering if anyone can find information/timetable or something similar for Phitsanulok - Sukhothai buses (for December 2016)?

We tried finding them all over the internet, but we didn't see anything. So any help is appreciated!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
841 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

Phitsanulok to Sukhothai. There are frequent bus services from Phitsanulok’s Baw Khaw Saw bus terminal , located 4km east of the town center off Highway 12. The buses to Sukhothai leave every hour, from 5:40am to 6pm, take about one hour and the one way fare is 28-55 baht, depending on the type of coach.

Happy travels

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

Thanks for letting me know!

What about the reverse? (From Sukhothai to Phitsanulok)

Are the hours and prices the same?

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
1,011 reviews
3. Re: Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

Seraphim, are you aware that buses to Sukhothai mostly reach the modern city, not the archaeological site (Old Sukhothai)?

From New to Old Sukhothai there is an additional service of songthaews, vans ot tuktuk.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

There is a city bus service that you can take from New city to Old city. They are like a very large songthaew and travel really slowly but are good fun to travel in. There are bus stops all through the new city and at the bus terminal to I think? We picked it up from outside any of the 7 / 11 stores. Very cheap and run frequently. Expect to see locals hopping on and off at random points.

Padua, Italy
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

Yep, I do know the buses go to the New Sukhothai. We just want to know what are the times buses heading to Phitsanulok leave from New Sukhothai (if anyone knows generally).

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
5,226 posts
1,011 reviews
6. Re: Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

Hi! I understand your issue. Sorry, I haven't direct knowledge about New Sukhothai - Phitsanulok buses (when I was in Old Sukhothai, since we were seven travelers, I traveled to and from by a private van).

However, I browsed many websites, both specialized in public transportation, both related to Sukhothai and Phitsanulok, to collect information. In all of these sites, while an information about long-distance bus connections is provided; local lines like this one are not considered. The only website where I found some information, although succinct, is

https:/…all

As you yourself can read, the site reports that "[from New Sukhothai to] Phitsanulok: Minibuses depart hourly from 08:00 to 16:00 for 39 baht and take an hour. Most Bangkok-bound buses also stop in Phitsanulok".

Edited: 1:18 pm, November 27, 2016
7. Re: Buses from Phitsanulok to Sukhothai and back?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, January 22, 2018