We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to Phang Nga

ST HELENS...
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
getting to Phang Nga

Can someone please advise which is the best place to take the James Bond Island Tour from - Phuket or Ao-Nang ?

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
44,833 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to Phang Nga

Either but more options from Phuket - speedboat, slower big boat, sail boat. Phuket Sail Tours at http://www.phuketsailtours.com/ and Simba Sea Trips at http://www.simbaseatrips.com/main_english.htm are respected and consistently recommended operators from Phuket. You can also get to the pier just outside Phang Nga Towm by taxi and negotiate a private longtail boat tour with (preferably) a sea canoe trip into the Hongs and call in at Ko Panyee (floating Muslim village) from there. On the way back you could call in it at Wat Suwan Kuha or Monkey Temple on your way back - see pics at https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
ST HELENS...
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to Phang Nga

Thank you for your advise. I have been told before to get a private boat. Have you any idea how much more expensive that would be? Im on a budget as travelling for 6 weeks.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,833 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to Phang Nga

We last paid about 1000 - 1400 baht for 2 of us plus an extra 400 baht for a sea canoe.

PS - if that's St Helens, UK, that's my home town - when it was in Lancashire, not Merseyside! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Lancashire
Lancashire
England, UK
Merseyside
Merseyside
England, UK
ST HELENS...
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: getting to Phang Nga

LOL yes it is.

That is cheap, the links you sent are charging 3500 baht per person. How long ago was it you paid that?

Would you recommend the private charter?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
44,833 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to Phang Nga

That's the regular price for longtail boat trips from the pier but the price of getting there puts it up. The two I recommended are most expensive but they are safest and don't overcrowd the boats like other operators do. You will see plenty of cheaper prices being sold on the streets in tour shops and kiosks but you may end up with a boatload of package tourists, usually Russian, Chinese or S. Koreans. We stay in Khao Lak and go down to Phang Nga in our hire car so it is difficult to say what total cost would be including hiring a driver for the day to do both the Bay and the Temple. You can catch a bus from Phuket Town to Phang Nga Town which will be cheap but it will be about 2-3 hours each way and then you need to get down to the pier and back. Also if you don't get there by about 10 - 10.30 you will be met with the hordes of speed boats from Phuket and Krabi that come later.

You will probably get more answers on the Phuket and Krabi forums but most on Phuket will recommend the ones I did.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
ST HELENS...
Level Contributor
186 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to Phang Nga

Thank you so much for replying, I think I will go with the links you suggested.

Kind Regards

Sharon

7. Re: getting to Phang Nga

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 12, 2014