We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Accomodation Bay Front Resort, Ayara Villas Briza?

melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lak Accomodation Bay Front Resort, Ayara Villas Briza?

Hosting a large group get together in Ocotober2009. Expecting around 70-80 people.

Looking for average room prices between 1500- 1800baht. Beachfront, Ideally a Pool Bar, Modern/Clean, Beachfront dining and bars nearby.

I've done huge research and narrowed my choices down to: Ayara Villas, Briza Beach Resot and Bay Front Resort.

Ayara seems cosy and intimate in their new wing, but no pool bar. Is there a communal bar/hang out area for when it rains? This is important. The pool doesnt look like there's much room around it to hangout other than on someones pool access sun lounger!

Bay Front seems to have it all but rooms dont look as nice as Ayara or Briza, any comments?

And Briza looks stunning, but the how small is small when talking about the pool? And reviews say there are no beach chairs/sun loungers (very important!)

I may sound picky but its just so hard to judge by professional photographs. I am flexible given that there will be pros and cons to each, I just cant seem to pick which one!!!

Can anyone share notes of their stay at any of these resorts?

Thanks so much

Vicsta

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,256 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak Accomodation Bay Front Resort, Ayara Villas Briza?

Hi vicsta,

You might find you get more replies on the Khao Lak forum but here are some comments to be going on with.

Yes, the Ayara is not a particularly big resort and although there is not a pool bar as such by the pool in the hotel room wing, there is one by the beach where there are loungers and another small pool.

The Bay Front is one of the original pre Tsunami resorts located on the beautiful and aptly named Khao Lak Sunset Beach. Loungers here and indeed on Khao Lak (South) Beach where the Briza is located tend to be on the grass verge bordering the beach which is part of the National Park. Have a look at these photos on a German website which you may not have seen:

mykhaolak.de/resorts/khao-lak-bayfront-resor…

Here are some of our photos of Sunset Beach from last February http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/7624246

The Briza is a nice new resort which was just being completed when we had a look around last February. Have a look at the photos again from a German forum for a better idea of its facilities www.khaolakforum.de/index.php…

These are our few pics http://photos.orange.co.uk/album/7618302

For a large party like yours, another resort you may consider is the Sea View Resort which is located on Nang Thong Beach within easy walking distance up the road to Bang la On which is the main centre of Khao Lak with most restaurants, bars and shops. Info here

mykhaolak.de/resorts/khao-lak-seaview-resort…

See you on the KL forum?! :)

2. Re: Khao Lak Accomodation Bay Front Resort, Ayara Villas Briza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:25 am, October 15, 2009