We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in phuket - where do I stay??? Please help

Livermore, CA
Level Contributor
3 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
1st time in phuket - where do I stay??? Please help

OK so I want it all. I want a nice room, beach view/access, want to feel safe and want to be able to walk around to eat and have some night life (not too much!). What beach do I stay at? I would like to spend no more than about $250 US a night. We have 8 nights. Should I spend 4 nights in the Patong area and then head over to Phi Phi Island? Is 4 days on the Island too much? I want some adventure but also a tranquil setting as well. Any advice or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
23 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in phuket - where do I stay??? Please help

Hi, Try the Khoa Lak area about 90mins north of phuket.

jindabyne
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in phuket - where do I stay??? Please help

We stayed at the merlin beach resort just out of patong and it was beautiful we have recommended it to many people and they love it you can get the resort bu into town for free or tuk tuk for just a couple of baht. We felt so safe and we did all our trips from the resort elephant trekking canoeing snorkelling you name it just a dream

3. Re: 1st time in phuket - where do I stay??? Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, September 20, 2009