We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lok - Similana Resort

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,899 posts
415 reviews
Save Topic
Khao Lok - Similana Resort

What a good forum, I was originally going to ask for some info - but after doing a search and spending the weekend on Teds site we have already sort of worked everything out.

We are going to drive to Khao Lak, spend 3 nights at Similana Resort in a Chalet and already I have a feeling it will not be our last visit.

Had a look at your photos of Similana Arandora, loved them

Cheers Cathy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,520 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lok - Similana Resort

New Khao Lak Lovers are always welcome! :)

Alan

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Khao Lok - Similana Resort

Cathy, I am just back from Thai and while there spent 6 nights at Similana (beach front unit) and LOVED IT. It is isolated but to me that was a PLUS as it was so quiet and relaxing. Resort met all expectations with only 2 small grizzles 1. staff can be slow at breakfast to replenish fruit platters (but hey no big prob when u have time on ur hands) and 2. prices for dinner bythai standards rather expensive. be sure to try the 3 or 4 beach restaurants about 10 min walk south along beach. ENJOY!!!!!!

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,899 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Khao Lok - Similana Resort

Thanks for that Dingo, We are so looking forward to staying at Similana, it sounds perfect, we will have a car so getting around at night for meals etc will be easy. Did you do any tours etc there. We are looking for a tour that only does canoes through the mangroves (not sea canoes) and maybe swimming at the waterfalls.. Everything we have seen so far involves elephant treks etc, which we are not interested in.

Cathy

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Khao Lok - Similana Resort

Didnt no much at all as used this week as a complete veg out, hired motorbike and did local waterfalls, dinner spots in town. Did do tho John Grey Sea canoe, it was awesome and I would suggest any freinds do it, theu pick up @ Similana around 11AM and have u back round 10:30 pm (cost for pick up1500baht which isnt bad for 1hr least each way)

5. Re: Khao Lok - Similana Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, August 24, 2009