We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Tao Diving

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
62 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Tao Diving

Hey I was wondering with diving in Koh Tao (never dived before so looking at doing the 3 day course) do you need to book this in advance I am planning to go in Feb so not sure if this is peak time? I have reserved some accommodation as i noticed it books up fast.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Koh Tao Diving

hey guys thanks for the confidence - was still going regardless. Looking forward to Ko Tao!

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Koh Tao Diving

I'm sorry to say but your instructor is either wrongly informed or telling you lies; the reality is the exact opposite of what your instructor has told you. Thailand has split seasons across the country. The mainland and West Coast & therefore Phuket are heading right into Monsoon season now which will last until around the end of October. Conversely the diving conditions in the Gulf of Thailand (Koh Tao) are excellent right now, the season here having started in Dec / January and going until monsoon which will not affect Koh Tao until November. The water here is warm, the visibility is lovely. Come on over and enjoy it :)

13. Re: Koh Tao Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 27, 2015