We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accommodation in sairee beach, suggestions please?

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
accommodation in sairee beach, suggestions please?

Hi everyone,

I would be travelling from the 7th April to 11th April 2013 to Koh Tao with my fiance. We have split the stay into 2 portions, first portion would be non-luxury and the other luxury. For the luxury portion, I have confirmed my bookings with Haadtien Beach Resort from the 9th to the 11th April (2 nights).

Now back to the topic :)

I heard that Sairee Beach would be an ideal getaway to nightlife, people, bars, food and beaches.

I'm planning to stay in Sairee Beach from 7th to 9th (2 nights). Criteria as follows -

1. budget around 1500 baht per night max. inclusive breakfast if possible.

2. Very clean, secure and well maintained hotel/resort.

3. looking to stay in a hut/chalet located right on the beach.

4. Within 250m to Maya beach club and other bars.

Need suggestions and opinions from everyone.

According to tripadvisor, many of these chalets/huts are not available for booking on agoda or any travel site.

My questions -

1. Is it possible to just look for a hut/chalet once in koh tao or it has to be booked in advance?

2. I came across Sairee Hut (Purple Room), has anyone stayed there before? does this place fit my criteria?

3. Where else can I stay or enquire?

Regards,

Psych

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: accommodation in sairee beach, suggestions please?

Hi there,

Finding budget beachfront accommodation on Sairee can be difficult. There are not very many rooms located right on the beachfront, but there is a good variety of rooms at many resorts set slightly back - around a minute walk maximum. The few beachfront rooms that are available are normally air con (is this what you are looking for?) and priced at around 2000-2500THB, although you may be able to find a better deal if you shop around in advance. You may want to try Prik Thai resort and Sairee Cottage resort, these are the only 2 off the top of our heads that have private bungalows that are directly beach facing.

In terms of your Sairee Hut question, we're not sure exactly what they offer in terms of beachfront accommodation, but all our customers who have stayed there have been very happy with their rooms, service and resort amenities. Wind beach and blue wind also have nice private bungalows that would fit within your budget. Again, not sure about right on the beach though. If you are happy to be slightly set back this makes things a little easier. We have our own beachfront hotel, but to fit your budget you'd be looking at fan as opposed to ac. In terms of proximity to Maya and other bars, all of the hotels and resorts mentioned here are just a few minutes stroll along the beach.

It is possible to get walk in bookings at most resorts, but its luck of the draw what is left available, so you'd be less likely to get a room that meets your specifications on that basis.

Hope this helps. Good luck, and enjoy your time on Koh Tao.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accommodation in sairee beach, suggestions please?

Thank you for the info. Really do appreciate it.

I'll scout around and hopefully get what i'm looking for.

Regards,

Psych

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,530 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accommodation in sairee beach, suggestions please?

Hi Zhuxe, I think it's better to have an accomodation booked.

I stayed once at Sairee Hut, really nice place, one of my favourites in Sairee Beach,I love their pool!

With your budget and your preferences have a look at Palm Leaf Resort, not far from Sairee Hut

tripadvisor.it/ShowUserReviews-g303910-d1507…

Close to Maya bar there is In Touch Resort, a good place to stay.

tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g303910-d2225472…

Enjoy Koh Tao

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accommodation in sairee beach, suggestions please?

Hi Matti80,

Sairee hut dive resort is quite costly actually. 4300bht per night for the beachfront rooms.

Palm leaf looks great, but the cost is on the high side as well, the seaview @ 3500bht and beachfront @ 3900bht.

In Touch is also around 3500-3700bht on booking.com.

I just have a budget of 2000baht per night and all i want is a room with a front door facing the beach, a hammock on the balcony facing the sea and sound of waves putting me to sleep at night.

suggestions?

5. Re: accommodation in sairee beach, suggestions please?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 20, 2014