I would be travelling from the 7th April to 11th April 2013 to Koh Tao with my fiance. We have split the stay into 2 portions, first portion would be non-luxury and the other luxury. For the luxury portion, I have confirmed my bookings with Haadtien Beach Resort from the 9th to the 11th April (2 nights).
Now back to the topic :)
I heard that Sairee Beach would be an ideal getaway to nightlife, people, bars, food and beaches.
I'm planning to stay in Sairee Beach from 7th to 9th (2 nights). Criteria as follows -
1. budget around 1500 baht per night max. inclusive breakfast if possible.
2. Very clean, secure and well maintained hotel/resort.
3. looking to stay in a hut/chalet located right on the beach.
4. Within 250m to Maya beach club and other bars.
Need suggestions and opinions from everyone.
According to tripadvisor, many of these chalets/huts are not available for booking on agoda or any travel site.
My questions -
1. Is it possible to just look for a hut/chalet once in koh tao or it has to be booked in advance?
2. I came across Sairee Hut (Purple Room), has anyone stayed there before? does this place fit my criteria?
3. Where else can I stay or enquire?