We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flying from bangkok to samui

Uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
flying from bangkok to samui

I am travelling to thailand with my partner at the end of july. we have booked flights to bangkok and were planning on booking and buying the connecting flight to koh samui once we got there, does anyine know if the flights get booked up or if this will be no problem?

UK
Level Contributor
944 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flying from bangkok to samui

They do get booked up. If you are not booking because you are flexible as to when you fly down there, then you should be okay as if the day you want to fly or time you want to fly is not available, it wont matter too much. If this is not the case, then book now. There are also cheaper rates available that tend to go the closer to booking you get.

www.bangkokair.com

Uk
Level Contributor
29 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flying from bangkok to samui

do you know how long we need to allow in between flights?

I remember reading a thread somwhere saying they are in different terminals, one is domestic and the other international, and someone had only allowed herself an hour and a half, which wasnt going to be enough time.

UK
Level Contributor
944 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flying from bangkok to samui

I would probably allow 2.5 to 3 hours, the latter to be safe. You could get through immigration really quickly but sometimes it is a lot slower. If you get to the domestic terminal early (it is in another building connected by a long walkway), Bangkok Air will be flexible about allowing you to swap flights. Last time I did this, the time between landing and getting to check in in domestic was about 1 hour 45 mins. That gave me an hour until my samui flight left which was fine. They had free internet access in the departure lounge.

4. Re: flying from bangkok to samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, August 14, 2009