We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worth it?

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
20 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
worth it?

I'm going honeymoon in Samui and considering a stay in Koh Tao, but is it really worth it?

I'm looking for:

- nice scenery

- good seafood

- good hotel, clean, have bed-nets and an awesome sea view

- a boat trip and some snorkling (not keen on diving)

I'm willing to pay anything from 50 to 230$ a night (if I'm getting a private pool hehe), I actually targeted "the place" but unfortunately it's booked the time when I'm going(next september) and I eliminated the haad-tien from my choices for some reasons.

Opinions anyone?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
251 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: worth it?

Thanks lushylynss I've seen posts that u have to spray 10 times a day.

You might be able to guide me in my trip. It's just for a relaxing stay for 1 week. Never been to Thailand before. From melbourne. 3 nights koh Tao and 5 nights koh samui in bophat, do u think it sounds ok and long enough?

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: worth it?

Hi

Yes that sounds like a good mix. I can't comment on Bophut itself but 3 days on Tao will give you a brief but nice overview.

I've never known anyone have to spray 10 times a day. Obviously, it depends on what spray you use too!

San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
163 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: worth it?

If you are on the beach, or in a wide open sunny place with a breeze during the day, you don't really get bit. That being said, we found ourselves in the pool more than usual b/c that's the one place that mosquitos can't get to you. We did get bit during the day time when were on our balcony after we came back from the beach around 3pm.

There are a lot of bugs, but there are a lot of bugs in Koh Samui too. I think there were slightly more in Koh Tao, but just slightly more. You still have to take precautions in Koh Samui. I would bring a lightweight long pants and long sleaves so you don't have to worry as much about mosquitos.

14. Re: worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 28, 2014