We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Tao or koh Phangnan accomodation suggestions

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
174 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Koh Tao or koh Phangnan accomodation suggestions

Hi

I am traveling by myself and tossing up between these 2 islands combined with koh samui. Does anyone have any advice or feedback about which might be nicer? Help greatly appreciated :)

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,099 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Tao or koh Phangnan accomodation suggestions

Hi Jennifer,

Regarding Koh Phangan do take a close look at the info on this link:

http://www.phangan.info/

Incidentally, I am not suggesting that Koh Phangan is better than Koh Tao or vice versa. We have spent time on Thong Nai Pan Yai which has a nice beach and is to be found in the north east of the island.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,808 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Tao or koh Phangnan accomodation suggestions

Hi

If you give us more information about your interests or requirements, we might be able to give specific suggestions. Nicer in what way? Both islands have some stunning beaches and secluded areas. You could most likely find something suitable on both islands.

Fiji
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Tao or koh Phangnan accomodation suggestions

I'd go with Koh Tao after Samui. Samui and Phangan are both big islands with Samui being the more developed one and Phangan known more for the full moon parties. Koh Tao is a unique little island and even though it's small there's a lot to do and you can really explore the place. Sairee is the busier area with lots of nightlife and Chalok is more laid back but with some nice restaurants and beach bars.

Hope that helps,

Shane

4. Re: Koh Tao or koh Phangnan accomodation suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 24, 2014