We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

manchester
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Hi there , I am just weighing up accommodation choices in Hat Sairee, some of the accommodation does not have a pool which would mean using the beach in the daytime, my question is this, are there sun loungers/parasols for hire on the beaches or is it best to take a beach mat ? Thanks in advance.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,111 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

You may find a few sun loungers, but mostly not so take a mat.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Hi

No, there's no loungers to hire. The bars and restaurants along the beach often have some, but not many, and they're not on the beach as such, but on the edge. Plus, you have to order something from the establishment.

A mat or beach towel is a better idea.

Durham
Level Contributor
359 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

No loungers to speak of but for serious sunbathing most folk take a 10min longtail to Nangyuan and boy is it nice there.

Should you go, take a picnic as there is only one bar/rest, ok for drinks but found the food to be below par.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Maya Beach Club have some lovely sun loungers but you would be expect to buy drinks in order to use them. This is at the far north end of the beach. Otherwise you can buy a mat / sarong here if you dont want to bring with you.

Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,609 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Not sure but I think AC bar too have sunloungers for guests.

Hi

manchester
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Thanks for your replies, I am trying to decide between a nice hotel in Mae haad with a pool , or a cheap bungalow in Sairee,, cannot make my mind up, we are both in our 50's , I think sairee looks fab, we don't want it to be too noisy all night, don't get me wrong we are young at heart and like the traveller vibe but not too loud , we like places like Palolem in Goa and Whitesands in Ko Chang ..

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Hi

When is it you'll be going?

manchester
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Hi lushlynds we are going early june

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Then Sairee will be a nice place to visit. It won't be dead by a long way but it's low season so the party scene is a little quieter. Where are you looking to stay? If you head for the north end of Sairee then you're far enough away from the beach parties to get some sleep.

June is when we were last there and it was great weather, cheaper accommodation and no hussle.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sairee beach , are there sunloungers

Thanks,sounds great, is it a nicer area than Mae haad? I like a decent beach and a few restaurants, do you know any nice places to stay ? I don't mind if its a basic beach hut or a higher standard hotel.