We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get to chumphon and koh toa from phatthalung

phatthalung
1 post
Save Topic
how to get to chumphon and koh toa from phatthalung

I'm from phatthallung( im a foreigner but im working here) and i'll be going to koh tao on 31.. i can leave here on sunday(30th, only after work, that is 6pm) or monday (31st).. how can i get to chumphon from here? the ferry sched says it s only 7am and the next is 1pm.. how long does it take to get to chumphon(from phatthalung)? can i make it to the 1pm sched? or if i get to chumphon at night, how can i avail of the night boat? or if i get the 7am ferry sched, where can i stay in chumphon that wouldn't cost too much?

pls help..tnx!

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get to chumphon and koh toa from phatthalung

Hi

You can catch the train from Phatthallung station to Chumphon. The trains only run in the afternoon/ evening so leaving after 6pm on the 30th will get you to Chumphon in the early hours of 31st.

There is a hotel next door to the Lomprayah pier called MT Resort which would be easy to get a rest before the ferry.

2. Re: how to get to chumphon and koh toa from phatthalung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, December 17, 2013