We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

glasgow
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

Ive been to thailand before and going back in Jan 2013 for 2 weeks and would like opinions on the itinery i have decided on and the weather. As it is peak season im sure i will need to pre book the internal flights and maybe some hotels but the only reason im hesitant now is that im unsure weather wise about the eastern islands after reading TA. Is it really that much of a gamble in January? My friends are desperate to go to a moon party on Phangan and i would love to go back to Koh Tao but at the same time the Similian Islands are a must see.

Jan 6th - *first 2 nights bangkok,

*fly bkk to chumpon with lomphraya solarair and boat to Koh Tao for 3 nights.

*boat to Koh Phangan 2 nights for Black moon party.

*early boat to Koh Samui for 1220 flight to Krabi - 5 nights in phi phi or railay... still unsure which one.

*boat/drive to either Phuket or Khao Lak for 3 nights as we want to go on a one day diving trip to Similian Islands

*fly back to bangkok.

As i said i dont know if this is realistic time wise or weather wise but any opinions would be appreciated.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
186 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

November is our main monsoon month, January should not be such a huge gamble! There may be a few small storms, but generally the weather should be hot and sunny.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

Your itinery looks good to me, the weather is normally very nice in January and the seas are generally calm.

Just one comment, Phi Phi is approx 2 hours ferry ride from Krabi & Phuket

(basically in the middle) so I would go Krabi, Phi Phi, then onto Phuket.

Mentioned in this post
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

Also you might want to consider NOK Air are now also flying from BKK to Chumphon too...

Mentioned in this post
Chumphon
Chumphon
Chumphon Province, Thailand
Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,637 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

If you want save more money Lomprayah sells a joined ticket Samui-Phi Phi, It's very cheap, they start 8.00 am and arrive at 3.30 pm.

http://www.lomprayah.com/surat/surat.html

As masterdivers says Nok Air fly from Bangkok to Chumpon, in their website you can purchase the complete journey Bangkok-Tao, total fare 2.200 bht

www.nokair.com/nokconnext/aspx/index.aspx…

Hi!

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
glasgow
Level Contributor
96 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

Brilliant information guys! I will look into nokair for flights and also look into Samui to phi phi... Feel much better about the weather situation now. Thanks a million :-)

6. Re: Is this itinery realistic time wise and weather wise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, December 14, 2013