We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best cheap(ish) beach bungalow accommodation

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Best cheap(ish) beach bungalow accommodation

After doing LOTS of research on the island I can't wait for my visit early next year.

I'm after a beachfront buri, preferably with A/C (ps. would you recommend AC in April?) for around 2000bht. I've heard Ao Leuk is one of the best beaches, what else is beautiful?

I've been reading so many reviews that I am now extremely confused and would love some individual insight.

Ideally it would be perfect if there was a few restaurants close by also.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,806 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best cheap(ish) beach bungalow accommodation

Hi

There's no bad beaches on Koh Tao, so it will really depend on what you want around you. All the beaches on the east coast are gorgeous but the resorts are very limited, often with just a few accomodation options and very limited access. Often areas are held in high regard in relation to the snorkeling not the actual beach itself.

April is still high season but shouldn't be packed regardless of where you stay.

I'd suggest take a day or 2 to explore the islands beaches by longtail or on a snorkel tour and also head to Koh Nang Yuan for a day as it's lovely there. If you're not wanting to explore at all then stay somewhere like Chalok Baan Kao, you can get to quite a few nice beaches easily and there's also a decent tourist infrastructure. Koh Tao Resort have some good rooms and at fair prices too.

There's a lot of info in the FAQ's to the right of the page too.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best cheap(ish) beach bungalow accommodation

Great thankyou so much for your suggestions. Have you ever heard of Koh Tao Beach Side Resort? Is it any good?

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,935 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best cheap(ish) beach bungalow accommodation

P.S. April is usually the hottest month in Thailand, so if you suffer with heat I'd say get air con.

4. Re: Best cheap(ish) beach bungalow accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, August 26, 2013