We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hualampong to Koh Tao by train & Ferry

Calcutta, West...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hualampong to Koh Tao by train & Ferry

Could anyone tell me if the Train No. 39 which leaves Hualampong at 22.50 runs late or reaches Chumphon late often cause i am travelling to Koh Tao on 9th July by that Train and am afraid to miss the 7.00 am ferry. Also is their ticket counters for the ferry around the Chumphon Station.

Mentioned in this post
Chumphon
Chumphon
Chumphon Province, Thailand
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hualampong to Koh Tao by train & Ferry

Hi,

Personally, I wouldn't chance it since trains are usually late. You could opt for the later 13.00 sailing or take the Lomprayah bus from Bangkok which departs at 21.00.

www.lomprayah.com

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Calcutta, West...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hualampong to Koh Tao by train & Ferry

Thanks for the info but i have already bookrd my train tickets on the net so cant change that but may be i will take the 13.00 ferry but do they have ticket counters at the station

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
23,169 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hualampong to Koh Tao by train & Ferry

Hi there,

Check this link:

http://www.lomprayah.com/E/contactus_cpn.htm

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,814 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hualampong to Koh Tao by train & Ferry

Hi

It's unlikely you would make the ferry at 7am due to trains running late as well as a 40 minute bus ride to the pier from the train station.

There is a lomprayah ticket office at the station and the pier.

Are you aware that the train you have booked is not a sleeper train and is 2nd class seats only? It will prove to be a long and possiblr very tiring journey. Especially as you will have a long wait for the 1pm ferry.

Edited: 12:24 pm, July 06, 2012
5. Re: Hualampong to Koh Tao by train & Ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, July 09, 2013