We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Tao/Koh Samui in OCTOBER??

South Africa
Level Contributor
244 posts
Save Topic
Koh Tao/Koh Samui in OCTOBER??

i will be in Thailand in October - i understand this is not the best time weather wise....would i stil be able to enjoy the inslands at that time? or is the weather too bad then? thanks karen

perth
Level Contributor
20,288 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Tao/Koh Samui in OCTOBER??

Hi

It's hard to say what will like this year in terms of wether it could rain more than last year or less than last year no one knows. I have seen you posted in different forum.

With just only 4 days I don't think it really worht it to go that far and the weather might not be your side. Also you will spend your precious time traveling to and from the island. IMHO I will stick to Bangkok then perhaps do one day trip to kanchanaburi, ayudthaya, canal tours, ancient city, erawan museum and those temple grandpalace. There are so much to see and do in and around Bangkok.

Just a thought ...

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,011 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Tao/Koh Samui in OCTOBER??

Agree with Pea, you just can't predict these things. I've been in Samui when it rains non stop for a week, others have been there and had little to no rain at all. If you must have a beach vacation then have a look at Hua Hin which is only a couple of hours drive (185km) south of Bangkok and is one of the drier areas in October - it still retains some Thainess and there's plenty to do there.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Tao/Koh Samui in OCTOBER??

Hi

Given your time limits in your other post I vote Hua Hin too. Has a good mix of everything and when we went in October it had the best weather of all the places we visited.

Good luck

4. Re: Koh Tao/Koh Samui in OCTOBER??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, June 22, 2013