We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

Lancashire
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

Hi. We are honeymooning at the beginning of August - we are planning 5 days at Anankira villas Koh Tao, then 5 days at the Place villas Koh Tao, and then to Koh Samui for the remaining 5 days. Can anyone recommend a nice beach hut/villa in a quiet area of Koh Samui as we have not yet booked accomodation there? Also any other general information about receommended trips, activities would be greatly appreciated.

We are planning on eating out for lunch and tea, and we will be out for a few drinks at night. We would also like to do a few snorkelling/diving/boat trips. Please can anyone recommend how much spending money per day we are likely to get through?

Also, what is the weather like in August? x

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

Hi

For accomodation in Samui you'll be better off posting in that forum and asking the regulars there.

As for things to do, a trip to Koh Nang Yuan is a lovely day trip, you can zip line here. There's organised snorkel trps that can be easily booked or you could hire a long tail boat to explore. Some great walks with some beautiful view points You could also check out the "Things to Do" thread

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g303910-Activi…

We average about £50 per day on average and we eat out twice a day and have a few beers each. Again a lot of restaurant reviews can be found here tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g303910-Koh_Ta…

Koh Tao, Thailand
Level Contributor
415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

Also the weather is lovely in August....

And you could try diving when you are here too !

Lancashire
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

Thankyou for your info, much appreciated! We've now decided to do 5 nights at Anankhira (Koh Tao), 4 nights at The Place villas (Koh Tao), and our last 6 days at Elements Boutique Hotel in a garden villa (Koh Samui), the owner has given us a great discount on their online prices. Happy Days!

In Koh Tao I have heard about people hiring longboats - do you know how much these are, and if they are safe etc? Is it a case of taking the boat yourself from the beach and going snorkelling, or have I got the wrong idea? Also, I quite fancy seeing some of the animal attractions but I have heard they are badly treated, is this true? If that is the case, then I certainly won't be going. Also, which is the most reputable scuba diving company in Koh Tao? I am planning on sunbathing on the boat or snorkelling, but my fiance wants to try Scuba.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

Apologies, I see you have already answered my question about diving companies - there are some good ones listed on the 'things to do' list you attached, thanks.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,813 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

Hi

In regards to the scuba reviews make sure to check the "Tours" tab at the top as there's also some reviews in that section.

You hire the long tailboat with it's driver, they will take you round the island to the many different and beautiful bays. The last time we did this it cost 1500 baht but that might have gone up since then.

6. Re: Koh Tao / Koh Samui (general info, accomodation, prices etc)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, March 30, 2013