We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train bangkok chumphon

london
Level Contributor
217 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
train bangkok chumphon

Dear all,

Thank you for all who have kept us all informed of the situation over the last few weeks. Fingers crossed things will get better and you can all get on with your lives.

We are now hoping to able able to get back to our original travel plans for July and August and travel down to Chumphon by night train from Bangkok and back, as I personally hate flying. Can you tell me what the best way to book the train tickets is? I believe you can only book 2nd class online and not first class tickets? I have been recommended this agency www.traveller2000.com. Do you know a better way? Do you think we could book the tickets for the way back at least one we are there (so we could book 2 weeks in advance) or do tickets sell out?

Tks

Koh Tao
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train bangkok chumphon

Hi there Mimosita.

Email Dave at justdiveit.com - he runs a small travel agency just off Kao San Road. If you are staying near Kao San, you can then pick up the tickets. He could also book the return leg for you or you should be able to book them on Koh Tao. They normally get booked up about a week in advance so two weeks should be ok.

Enjoy your trip.

Alan

2. Re: train bangkok chumphon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 20, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao