We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking to pre-book a bungalow on Sairee Beach ASAP as I'll be there in March, and am hoping you could please suggest some places for me. I've done hours of research on TA and elsewhere, and still haven't come up with anything great I don't think. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Things I'm looking for:

Budget: 1200 baht max

AC: Would be great to have, but not mandatory

Must be quiet at night, not next to loud bars/clubs, etc.

Clean, Safe and Secure

Ability to see photos and pre-book via email or their web site.

Thank you!!!

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

http://www.bowthongresort.com/index.php

quiet and have some non-air con bungalows costing below 1,000 Baht. Just email them

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

Thank you, this is the first I've heard of this resort and it looks very nice. I just looked at their web site, and there is no mention of fan bungalows for less than 1000 baht. The cheapest room I see in March is the standard AC Bungalow for 2000 baht.

I will email them to see if they have any fan bungalows available. Are they the secret item on the menu or something?

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

Basic fan bungalow was around 800 Baht when i was there last March.Their beachfront bungalows were nice too but quite expansive

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

My friend who is Thai and lives in Bangkok called this resort today and they do not have any fan rooms to offer, so it looks like I'm going to have to rule this place out.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for me? Looking to get something booked ASAP...starting to get a bit worried here. Your help is very much appreciated. Thank you!

Dublin
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

My cousin owns a resort on Sairee Beach called Saiee Cottage. Its clean and cheap, they have fans in all bungalows or AC. http://www.kohtaoisland.net/display_detail/object_id/1/Sairee+Cottage

I myself am heading over in 2 weeks for the month and love the place. Great Diving.

Hope your successful getting a booking somewhere, I hear its very easy to get accomodation on arrival too.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I'd give you an update to my search. It is getting absolutely ridiculous!!! My Thai friend in Bangkok must have called 15 resorts by now asking to make a reservation for a fan bungalow on Sairee beach and nobody has been willing to make a reservation. They state that they take walk-ins only.

I sure hope I can find a bungalow when I walk-in! I would have never thought it would be this hard to book accomodation, but with all resources exhausted I don't think I have a choice but to just show up.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

providing your arrival is not within a few days of the full moon party on koh phangan then you should have no trouble finding a place .you will be approached by bungalow owners on the boat over and when you arrive ..

many cheaper places don't reserve as travel plans change and people don't turn up ..in 12 months spent in thailand including koh tao i have never reserved a room

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

Be very careful with the cost of the taxi on the island though

i still think it won't hurt to book ahead for at least 1 night, then decide later if to stay longer or change the accommodation or move to other islands!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
170 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

Thanks for your replies everyone. As it stands my Thai friend will be calling a few places for me a few nights before I'm scheduled to arrive to see if she may be able to secure a booking for me at that time, since it will not be too far away from my arrival time. I have a few places in mind and am keeping my fingers crossed!

10. Re: Need to Pre-Book Bungalow on Sairee ASAP

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 30, 2010