We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

Manchester
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

Does anyone know the answer to this to get PADI qualified or even just a 2 - 3 day course?

thanks!

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

Open Water? 4day course runs around 10-11K baht also throw in another 1500bht for openwater dive pack. (manual+dive tables)

Koh Tao
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

On Koh Tao it can be as little as 8,500 baht, but remember the old saying - you get what you pay for.

bangkok
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

almost 9800 bath ...have look @ BSAC Thailand.. the quality of the ocean diver course it s better than padi or ssi ...but few shop on koh tao can teach BSAC .

surat
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

Ummm.. Bsac is no better than Padi or SSI from my experience !

What maters most is the attitude of the instructor and the facilty at which you choose to dive.

That said Both BSAC and SSI insist on courses being taught through a dive school< PADI course can be taught independantly.But on tao this quite rare.

SSI and Bsac both provide your certification card straight away.PAdi has to be applied by post and can take some time.Not so good if your travelling.

surat
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

Ummm.. Bsac is no better than Padi or SSI from my experience !

What maters most is the attitude of the instructor and the facilty at which you choose to dive.

That said Both BSAC and SSI insist on courses being taught through a dive school< PADI course can be taught independantly.But on tao this quite rare.

SSI and Bsac both provide your certification card straight away.PAdi has to be applied by post and can take some time.Not so good if your travelling.

bangkok
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

i agree depends of the instructor .and for koh tao defenitly not the dive school ... i ve done open water course and one of my friend bsac course it looks much better . i can t say nothing about ssi i don t know any body who got certification from this organisation .

7. Re: How much is a diving course roughly on Ko Tao??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, October 24, 2010