We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Tao Resort v's Ko Tao Cabana

Staines, Middlesex
1 post
Save Topic
Ko Tao Resort v's Ko Tao Cabana

Hiya...hoping someone can help us...

My parter and I are coming to Ko Tao on the 20th September & can't seem to find anywhere to stay with fairly consistant reviews.

The two places that we think we have narrowed it down to are the Ko Tao Resort & the Ko Tao Cabana- as they seem to be the two resorts that we've heard the most positive reviews about. However the Cabana works out £200 more expense to stay at...is it worth paying that much more for?

We'd be really grateful for any advise that anyone can offer as to which is the better of the two resorts or similarly if anyone can recommend a nice resort- not to isolated but at the same time not much of a party place, on the beach, fairly near restaurants etc.

Any advice gratefully recieved!

Many Thanks,

Lisa

Poole, Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Tao Resort v's Ko Tao Cabana

Hi LisaHoneyJade

Can't talk about the two resorts you mention as we did not look at them but we did stay at a place called Star Villa. We loved it there so much that we are still talking about it and would recommend it to anybody.

It is a Villa with just two apartments to rent and a penthouse. We could not afford the penthouse but we were allowed a sneaky look at it and it was beautiful. Maybe next time.

You can look at the references here on tripadvisor - including mine - or you can see them on fb. (just for your information we got an extra discount by joining and booking through fb)

We found that because they are a small concern we got a lot of attention but also a lot of privacy. the view is stunning and just a short trip from the fun parts of Koh Tao but far enough away to not have to listen to the boom boom of the discos that people staying on the beach must have to listen too.

Hope this helps.

Wingnut_9

arctica
Level Contributor
930 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Tao Resort v's Ko Tao Cabana

I am also looking for accomodation at ko Tao, and have noticed a newcomer at Sairee beach. Simple Life Resort. I don`t know if it is the kind of place that you are looking for, but it looks clean and fresh, and the rates seems to be reasonable. There are a few reviews at sawadee.com

3. Re: Ko Tao Resort v's Ko Tao Cabana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 17, 2010