We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jessy101
4 posts
Save Topic
Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

Hi,

Im planning of going to Koh Tao for a couple of days in June and am wondering if I will need to book somewhere to stay before leaving the UK? Or is there lots of options when over there?

Thanks in advance

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

lots of options there. did this last March and there're really plenty of room availabilities.

Leeds, UK
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

It's a lot cheaper to find your own place coz you can haggle and get them down on price. i never booked but if you wanna be sure then just book one night - top price id say 600 ...no more! and only book one night, coz ur sure to find more accomodation. ur gonna luv it! and go stay on freedom beach at the other end to sairee....its beautiful and i stayed in a hut for 60 baht.

UK
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

The only time I would bother booking ahead is the first 2-3 days after Full Moon Party on Phangan as a lot of people make the switch over.

Still you would only need one night somewhere so that you can then see what's available.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
142 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

60baht!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds good, i'm there aug 1st, can ya give more details to the hut and freedom beach please??

shanghai
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

60B,it's too cheap for me. Can you give me the hotel name and address? THS.

I'll be there on 2 August

alabama
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

There are no Bungalows for 60 Baht on Koh Tao! I would even go as far as not in Thailand. Bungalows on Koh Tao start at 400 Baht. Freedom Beach Bungalows has bungalows starting from 500 Baht for simple wooden bungalows up to 2500 Baht for AC ones. They have a web site with all the information on. I have just stayed there and I can only recommend the place.

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

agreed ,the cheapest bungalow i ever stayed in in thailand was 60bht and that was more than 15 years ago ,i did see a bungalow on koh tao last year for 250bht but a slight wind would have blown it over .we paid 600bht last year on koh tao for basic bungalows with own bathroom..

8. Re: Book hotel before arriving at Koh Tao?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 11, 2010