We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

San Francisco
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

We are planning our honeymoon at the end of May. Any ideas on great places to stay?

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
299 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

Heard Sensi is the best.

Finland
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

I haven't been to Koh Tao yet (going next June), but what I've understood after having read loads of forum postings and travel guides the best upmarket place would be Jamahkiri. Sensi might be good too, but I've heard that the beach can get a lot of litter from the pier near by. Koh Tao Cabana gets good reviews too...

Guernsey
Level Contributor
73 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

Hi

Try Koh Tao Resort their new Paradise Zone looks great.

We haven't stayed there yet, but have booked for this summer.

Best Wishes

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
299 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

Hi Rosebuden,

Just came back from Charm Churee villa on Jansom bay.

Loved it so much. It was perfectly romantic.

Heard there was a wedding ceremony at the resort too on 19th. Saw staff preparing for it.

can't get wrong with this one, I can tell you.

sydney
Level Contributor
160 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

ko tao is a beautiful spot. understand though that you don't come to ko tao for the beaches. ko tao is know for it's diving. so forget any place that offers the beach as a selling point. strike one against sensi.

the next thing to consider is the layout of the island. the ferry port is a good area to avoid, if for no other reason than it's not pretty and there are much nicer areas. the main beach of ko tao (hat sai ri) is where the majority of everything is - hotels, restaurants, bars etc. but be aware of the fact that all the bars here cater to backpackers, and some go all night. any accommodation along the beach will get music all night (painful but true).

okay, i'm rambling on...

you've got a choice of 2 places. ko tao cabana or thipwimarn. cabana is at the far end of sai ri on the headland. thipwimarn is further around and more secluded. for a honeymoon, i'd say the seclusion of thipwimarn is probably more ideal, although my preference is for ko tao cabana.

the restaurant at thipwimarn has incredible views out over the ocean, and great food to match - an absolute paradise location to eat. thipwimarn also has a pool - a rare indulgence in any thai hotel. but it is further away from everything, meaning long long walks (too long really) or bike hire.

i'll try and post a few photos in 'traveler photos' to show what i can.

one piece of advice. don't catch the express catamaran from ko samui or ko phangan. if the seas are rough, it is the journey from HELL. all the locals take the slower mono-hulled boat. of course their respective names elude me for the minute, but there are only three choices, one of which is the absolute wrong one. the slower boats offer thai massage on board, which the express certainly does not.

6. Re: Honeymoon in late May - where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Koh Tao