We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bhora Bhora resort, Ko Toa

London
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bhora Bhora resort, Ko Toa

Has anyone stayed at Bhora Bhora, Chalok Baan Kao.

It looks quriky on the website but what is it really like? And what is the surrounding area like? I am planning to be there in November.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
116 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bhora Bhora resort, Ko Toa

Hi, I was there last August. I originally booked through the website for 5 nights and ended up staying 2 weeks...

I don't know what you expect to find when looking for accommodztion. In ur case (I travel with my wife) we look for something "local", with decent confort, reasonably clean and a good location.

Bhora Bhora resort is far from being perfect, but it is a charming place to stay.

The resort (it really is a group of wood/bamboo bungalows on the hill side) starts from road level. Reception is a small room where the owner (really a nice guy) will welcome you. The bungalows are all above this level so there are a nunber of steps to climb. Once you get to tha bungalow you will have a sea view little patio, a nice and simple room with mosquito nets / fan (I think they also have some AC rooms, but not sure - we don't like AC), an outside bathroom and a little terrace with deck chairs made in bamboo.

Like in all tropical places surrounded by trees and nature there are litlle animals (mainly gecko - really harmless creatures) and some bugs. The trick is to properly use the mosquito net. Close it before sunset and help out things with a anti-mosquito spiral. You may buy them locally, they are very cheap.

The restaurant is excellent. Infact we found the quality of food to be one of the best of Chalok Baan Kao. They organically grow all their vegetables.

For breakfast, instead, we always went to the nearby bakery (1 minute walk...).

The general location of Bhora Bhora is a good compromise between being in the moddle of nowhere and main tourist areas. Mae Haad, the main village of Ko Tao, is rapidly growing into a spoilt area, including the go go girls and other tourist traps. This little bay in the south, instead, has several places to walk to, some shops, several restaurants and bars, dive shops without spoiling too much the general local atmosphere.

From this bay it is very easy to go to the other beaches (you absolutely must go to Ao Leuk - just remember not to bring there ANY food or drinks as it is a private beach and they require that you buy locally) or to the main town.

Over all you get at Bhora Bhotra good value for money and the location is good.

I went diving several times with New Heaven Diving. It is right in front of Bhora Bhora and they also have yoga classes.

If there is anything else you wish to know just get in touch or reply to this post.

Enjoy Koh Tao!!

2. Re: Bhora Bhora resort, Ko Toa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:21 am, September 11, 2009