We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Tao for non Divers??

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
323 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Ko Tao for non Divers??

Hello everyone.....

We're thinking of spending a few days in Ko Tao, we are not divers and were wondering if some of you would mind sharing with us what type of experience we might encounter there.... I'll be with my wife and 1yr old boy.

What we're hoping to find there is beautiful scenery, quiet relaxed atmosphere, nang yuan of course (highlight), nice clear water for swimming and snorkeling , and the usual palm trees, hammock, etc...

We don't want to be on a busy beach similar to Chewang, Patong or the like. We are looking for something more quiet and pretty.

Wouldn't mind renting an ATV for a few hours.

Is this the place for us? Is Phangan any better?

And lastly can anyone recommend a place with a budget of $100-160 a night (something nice)... We were thinking of the Jamahkiri but it's expensive and seems like wouldn't be too good for our lil' one.

Thanks

Westcoast_Girl
Level Contributor
315 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Tao for non Divers??

I spent almost a week in Ko Tao and didn't dive (everyone else with me did.) Most of what people do is dive there - there is still nice beaches and some shops, but Phangan is good too and a bit bigger. However, Phangan is more rustic in some places with less developed roads, etc. Phangan has more choice in my opinion for coves, busy or non-busy beaches, etc. and a little less developed. Ko Tao is pretty small.

2. Re: Ko Tao for non Divers??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 03, 2009