We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nang Yuan in low tide

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
316 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Nang Yuan in low tide

I've seen many pictures of Nang Yuan and would really like to visit it, I read somewhere however that the beautiful path I've been seeing in pictures between the islands is not walkable in high tide season, it is covered in water... Can anyone please confirm?

I am planning on visiting in August is that considered high tide? Is it still worth the visit?

(I am linking to the path below) THANKS

tothailand.com/wallpaper/samui/suratthani_ko…

London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nang Yuan in low tide

I think low tide & high tide refers to the time of the day (i.e morning & afternoon). I went in January and stayed in Nang Yuan for 2 days. You can see the shape of the island change as you sit there throughout the day.

During noon the path is walkable all way through but as you get to 3~4pm, you can watch the paths slowly disappear (you can still walk through it, but it's just covered with shallow water).

I think August should b fine to visit as long as the weather is nice~

2. Re: Nang Yuan in low tide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 01, 2009