We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

I'm planning a wedding for next May 2008 in Thailand. I've researched many areas and like Koh Tao and Samui because my fiance and I do a lot of diving. Does anyone have any suggestions for a great place to stay and have a wedding ceremony?

London, United...
Level Contributor
146 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

I think Koh samui might be a better choice than Koh tao as it's more developed and the hotels are also a lot larger & may cater to you needs better.

It's also a lot less travelling for you & your guests!

What type of place are you looking for? 5star hotels or budget ones?

Essex-UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

Ko Tao is the best place for diving & why not combine it with the perfect wedding on a beach.

Try Phuketdiscovery.com. They will arrange a wedding for you on Ko Tao. I have booked my wedding with them.

london
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

Hi i have stay both places did my paddi open and adva with budda veiw kok tao xmas 2006 check web site they were great , there is a big flash hotel there called kok tao resort looks great on web its dear and dirty and staff are rude 3 different people not travelling together on my diving course checked out in the 2 weeks i was diving read reports on this site about hotels

have a great wedding and good diving

safe travels peace ALAN

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

Thanks for all the help! Since quite a few friends and family plan on going we are going to have the wedding on Koh Samui and then head to Koh Tao for diving on the honeymoon. I'm still uncertain on who to book the wedding through on Samui. Does anyone know of any wedding coordinators on the island?

Aust
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

You could contact www.creativeeventsasia.com and see what they could offfer you in terms of wedding packages on Koh Samui. They are in Bangkok and also help with getting all the legal wedding requirements sorted out quickly!

We are booking through them for our wedding on Koh Lanta this year and they have been really great so far

koh tao
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

I've read that Island Cruises on Koh Tao is doing a wedding ceremony on a sailing yacht but it's probably not the real(legal) thing.

Essex-UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

Most of the hotels have a wedding package & legal service. I researched quite alot before making my decision.

I personally loved the look of Rockys resort on Koh samui, they had a great wedding package & responed quickly to every question I asked.

Creativeeventsasia as mentioned above were very helpful as well.

In the end I opted for a more traditional wedding on Koh Phangan and the only company that could help were Phuketdiscovery. I have had nothing but help & professional service so far. I will let you know after April next year.

We have a huge number of guests to but they are all up for the journey to Koh Phangan. We like the more remote laid back beaches than the in your face beaches like chaweng. It all depends on what you like from a holiday & what suits you.

If you want any help just email me lisasenogles@hotmail.com.

manchester
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

Hi Lisa

just wondering how your wedding went on Koh Phangan.

I am currently trying to find a resort for ours next year and like you i wanted a laid back beach like the ones on Koh Tao or Phangan but its very hard to find any information on this!

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Leeli

Essex-UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

By no means use Phuket Discovery

web-site: http://www.phuket-discovery.com

web-site: http://www.thailand-wedding.com

They will not give me any money back. I cancelled the wedding back in January and still awaiting a refund after months & months of emailing & calling.

Lisa x

Bangkok
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding Koh Tao / Samui

Hello Congratulations,

I am Bo from Denmark, and I am also getting married on Ko Tao in May - May 23rd..

I am just starting to research now, places, prices etc.

I live in Bangkok and will be going down on the 9/10th of feb to visit some resorts.

What we could do, would be to BCC each other on the emails/quotes we get, so as to benefit from each other's research.

Bo Kristensen

Bangkok

kristensenbo@gmail.com