We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Tao Weather in July

Which Koh Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ko Tao Weather in July

What is the weather like in early to mid July? Rainy? Lots of sunshine? Windy?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Tao Weather in July

I've been to Koh Tao four times in July and will be returning this summer!

Always been perfect weather when i've been there. Hot, sunny with impressive electrical storms (light shows, no rain) at night in the distance over the mainland! It does rain occasionally but not for more than 1 hour - then straight back to the beach for more sunbathing!

Where are you staying?

Bon voyage....

New York City
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ko Tao Weather in July

Thanks for the reply, fellow New Yorker! :-)

We're staying at the Koh Tao Thipwimarn Resort from July 10-13. Wish we could stay longer, but we want to check out Koh Phangan for a couple of days before having to head back to NYC!

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Ko Tao Weather in July

Yes, Ko Phangan is equally if not more beautiful when you get away from hat rin! Hire a bike and cruise the island. The roads are much more accessible than Tao. I first went to Phangan in 96 and there was'nt barely a road in sight. Let alone another tourist! Those were the days!!!

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ko Tao Weather in July

You should be fine, you may get some cooling rain showers but it is not the heavy rains you get on the other side at that time of year. Do also go to Koh Phangan.

If you are on a budget there is a twice daily bus and ferry combo via Chumphon from Bangkok whic is around THB 850 each way ( about US$ 27 ) with Lomprayah www.lomprayah.com

Wales
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ko Tao Weather in July

Hi, glad to see your report on weather in July.

We havent been to thailand since '84, and we'll be travelling with 3 kids, 10,15,16, well seasoned.

Can you give me some accomodation tips - setting and sympathetic hosts are important, plus some peace and quiet, a decent beach, and snorkelling. Not too much to hope for ?

Samui looks way too busy these days.

Thanks for your help,

Best,

Charles

6. Re: Ko Tao Weather in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, September 02, 2009