We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want to know excursions possibilities from cape shark villa

Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Want to know excursions possibilities from cape shark villa

What are the charges for excursions to pha ngan to visit water falls and lagoons? And any idea about his diving n snorkeling from cape shark villa and the charges ?

Koh Tao and Koh Nang Yuan Including...
15 Reviews
from $58.40*
Free Cancellation
3-Day Open Water Course Around Koh Tao
25 Reviews
from $252.10*
Free Cancellation
5 replies to this topic
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want to know excursions possibilities from cape shark villa

Water falls and lagoons on Koh Phangan?

I think you'll find you'll be wasting your time if that is the reason of visiting Koh Phangan. I am pretty certain there is not such tour and from the waterfalls I have seen there are almost a waste of time even in the wet season on KP..

Grand Sea Adventure tours does a general Koh Phangan tour on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, you would need to contact their office which is in Thongsala, I don't think you can get there early enough from Koh Tao.

Samui would be better for waterfalls, but too it depends on when you are planning on visiting., If dry season, the falls may not impress you.. it's too far for a day trip anyway.

For either Samui or KP you'd be better staying on either of the Islands to get a day tour.

As for diving and snorkeling there are a couple of local KT guys on the forum here that would be more in the know about costs etc. I am sure they may chime in here.

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Want to know excursions possibilities from cape shark villa

Thank you .. m staying at Koh Tao cape shark villa during mid of august .. I want to see jungle n beautiful waterfall for a day excursion.. it takes 2 hours from koh samui to Koh Tao .. if I start early in the morning like 6’ o clock .. will I be able to c that ? Jungles n waterfall ?

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want to know excursions possibilities from cape shark villa

HI Akash

Seatran has a ferry that leaves Koh Tao at 6.30 am which will get you to Samui at 8.30 am

Yes, possible as long as you can be back at Seatran Ferry from Ban Rak, for the 4.30 ferry back to Koh Tao...

Given this time frame, I think you'd be better off organizing a trip through Michelle at Samui Island Explorer. Because relying on Safari truck companies might be difficult to organize plus getting you back to the ferry on time.

https://www.samuiislandexplorer.com

August may not be the best time for spectacular waterfalls, it will depend on how much rain there is during early August... there may not be much.

Na Muang 2 waterfalls would probably be your best bet,as one waterfall, it's the most spectacular falls on Samui, as long as the driver tells you how to see the falls, as some tours don't tell people to keep going up from the natural swimming pools area.(another 10 minutes or so) There is a small snack shop at the swimming area. (You don't need to swim!)

There will be some hiking though the "jungle" Easier down than going up.!!! It's a good hour up and less down!

Do wear decent non slip shoes for hiking on the trails... not flip flops! Also some mosquito repellent would be a good idea to take with you too.

Other areas would be included, but speak to Michelle about what else she suggests.

Hope that helps!

PS. Ask for a return ticket on Seatran, you should get a bit of a discount.

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Want to know excursions possibilities from cape shark villa

Thank you so much 🙏 .. I appreciate your help ..

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
760 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Want to know excursions possibilities from cape shark villa

Akash, I'm not one of those locals that might chime in but I've been to koh Tao. There are lots of great hikes on Koh Tao also. You don't need to go to a different island to enjoy tropical hiking. Depends on how long you will be on koh Tao for what you want to do. Not far from where you are staying is the famous John Suwan viewpoint. It's not a very long hike but it has a spectacular view. https://youtu.be/3jyqwEY56-M

If you can get over by Sairee town you can take the 45 minute hike up over the island down to Laem Thien bay. There is a little beach and an abandoned resort that is fun to walk through. The snorkeling there is great so bring your mask and snorkel. Also, hike through the huge boulders behind the resort. There is a tiny bay that is fun to explore surrounded by enormous boulders. https://youtu.be/Vanu0UW8wcA

On the West side of the island is the Sai nuan beach walk that is the easiest by far. Most of the walk is pretty flat along the West shoreline and has great views of the ocean. The beach usually isn't that busy and it has decent snorkeling as you can see in the video I put together. https://youtu.be/gdmLp9GkI9U

Fragle rock is supposed to be a great hike but I didn't ever get to do it.

If you just want snorkeling, you have Sai daeng beach to your north and Haad Thien beach to your south. Both have great snorkeling. If you do Haad Thien beach don't bother snorkeling right in front of the beach, head to the north or south ends of the beach.

If you want something more organized you can arrange with your hotel or a travel agency near the pier and do a big boat snorkel tour. They cost about 750thb per person. If you want a private tour you can arrange for a long tail taxi for the day for about 2400thb. Both options usually include snorkels and masks as part of the cost. If you rent your own gear it will cost you about 150thb/day for your mask and snorkel. I've never stayed where you are. Check with the hotel, they may offer snorkels and masks for free. There are sea kayaks available by the hour or by the day for rent at many of the more popular beaches. You'll find that one of your larger expenses will probably be the taxi rentals unless you are planning on renting a scooter.

Mentioned in this post
Koh Tao
Koh Tao
Sairee Beach
Sairee Beach
528 Reviews
Koh Tao, Thailand
Sai Daeng Beach
Sai Daeng Beach
59 Reviews
Koh Tao, Thailand