We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surat Thani to Koh Tao

Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Surat Thani to Koh Tao

Hello,

I will be arriving Surat Thani airport on 25th june by 9:45am.

Please let me know the best ferry option (timing) along with the approximate cost.

My Travel Dates are 25th june (Arrival at Surat Thani Airport) - 30th june (Departure from Surat Thani Airport at 7:00 am)

It would be highly appreciated if you can give me an itinerary to cover Koh Samui, Koh Phangan (Full Moon Party on 27th june) & Koh Tao (including koh nang yuan & Snorkeling).

4 replies to this topic
Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
693 posts
165 reviews
1. Re: Surat Thani to Koh Tao

Lomphraya Catamaran website will give you times&costings of the journey.

Koh Tao, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao
Level Contributor
1,366 posts
2. Re: Surat Thani to Koh Tao

As already mentioned the Lomprayah website will give you timings and costs from Surat Thani airport to whichever island you'd like to head to first. You can also check the Seatran and Songserm ferry websites, for other options. If you're planning on visiting Koh Phangan for Full Moon Party it's worth noting that most accommodation options will have a minimum night stay requirement over these dates, so you may want to check this before looking at your other travel options if the FMP is your main priority.

1 post
3. Re: Surat Thani to Koh Tao

Hi Nakul,

You would be arriving on 25th to SuratT. It takes 4 hrs to reach Koh Samui from SuratT airport via bus+ferry and 6 hrs to Koh Tao.

I understand you would be departing on 30th June.So effectively you have 4 and half days.

If you decide to stay at Koh Phangan, you may have to stay there for minimum 3 days as required by most of the hotels there which means you are left with just 2 days to spend on some other island.Either you can stay at Koh Samui for last 2 days and can cover Koh Tao and other places from Phangan by doing day trips. You can also split your stay between Samui and Tao (3 and 2 days respectively). You can go to Phangan on the evening of FMP and come back to Samui in the morning.

P.S. I haven't been to these places yet. I will be visiting these places from 18th June to 28th June,2018. Whatever I have suggested above is based on the information that I have gathered from TripAdvisor,other forums and internet to make my own plan for June 2018 FMP.

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: Surat Thani to Koh Tao

This minimum stay of three to five days, generally only is in the Ban Tai or Haad Rin areas of Koh Phangan, I've never come across that on the west and N.W coast beach resorts on KP.

What one can do is get a return taxi from Resort to Haad Rin and back, on the FMP night from west coast areas, for 400 baht... just ask the resort for details. I believe they change taxis in Thongsala.

There are also organized boats from Samui including hotel pickup and trip back and forth all night. about 1000 baht or so.... again, just ask your resort or hotel. There is also a 100 baht admission fee coming from Samui.

Edited: 2:51 am, June 09, 2018
Reply to: Surat Thani to Koh Tao
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted