We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi-PADI certification

Iraq
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Phi Phi-PADI certification

I'm looking for a nice hotel/bungalow that provides both scuba and spa services. I've been stuck under a rock (Iraq) for almost 2-years and I really want luxury at this point in time.

I finished the PADI course excluding the two open water dives (near to impossible in the dessert ;~P) and I want to complete my certification, relax, and be pampered. However, after reading a few of the comments about the hotels, I'm not sure how I feel about the accommodations. Although the Island Village Beach and Spa Resort sounds nice, it also sounds very secluded.

Bottom line--I'm looking for a nice hotel with great customer service, spa and PADI scuba facilities in late November. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

New Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
65 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phi Phi-PADI certification

Hi I just got back from Phi Phi (read my review "NOT What We Dreamed Of") We are more into the cultural, nice hotel but not over the top- type experience, but judging by your post looks like Phi Phi Village is up your alley...

My husband has his diving certification and really urged me to try diving so we could experience it together. The instructors at PP Village were nice and helpful for my first time eventhough I almost backed out. The resort is beautiful and there's a lovely spa and well you'll love it. To be honest though I thought snorkeling in Hawaii rendered more underwater beauty then my first scuba excursion in PP. But we still really enjoyed it.

2. Re: Phi Phi-PADI certification

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 pm, August 21, 2009