We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is phi phi for me?

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
is phi phi for me?

Hello! I have 5 days to spend on the beach in Thailand and am trying to figure out if phi phi is the right spot. My husband and I are in our in our early 30s and we are not really partiers but we do want to be in an area that has some night life, good food and most importantly a good base for day trips.

It seems phi phi is ideal in this respect, but I hear that its also crowded and very dirty and I am hoping for an area that's not overly crowded. Is there an area at Koh phi phi that is quieter but still has good access to food and bars?

Thanks

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,871 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is phi phi for me?

My 1st question is, where would you want to take daytrips to, being based on Phi Phi ?. What exactly are you wanting to see & do.

Everywhere in Thailand (that I've been to), is dirty & smells bad, you do get used to it.

95% of everything, including tourists, is based around Tonsai, which is very busy but you can still get good decent priced quiet hotels within 10mins walk or so. Alternatively, you could stay at Long Beach, or even at the other end of the island around the Holiday Inn area, which are much quieter.

I would have a good read of the forum, & search for anything you want to know

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,420 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is phi phi for me?

Hi,

Stay on the outside of Ao Ton Sai. Aside from daytrips there are some walks/hikes you can go on.

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
24,952 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is phi phi for me?

Have you considered Krabi, it's a good base for day tours?

"Everywhere in Thailand (that I've been to), is dirty & smells bad, you do get used to it." - maybe you haven't been to enough places yet or go to the wrong ones! A lot of the overcrowded places with too many hotels for the sewage system to cope with may smell at times, but if you avoid places like that they don't smell at all and are certainly not dirty.

4. Re: is phi phi for me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, February 03, 2015