We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice needed re beaches

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Advice needed re beaches

Hi

I am staying in Ton Sai Bay for a couple of days, as Ton Sai seems to be the central/more crowded area I was hoping to spend some time on a quieter beach, at the moment I am liking the look of long beach can anyone recommend this and is it possible to travel there by longtail from Ton Sai?

Secondly is the viewpoint easy enough to access from Ton Sai from what I have read it appears to be.

Thanks in advance.

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,389 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice needed re beaches

Hi,

Be sure you can take a longtail there. The hike up to the Viewpoint from Ton Sai is quite steep but doable in about 45 mins to one hour. If you want a quiet beach I recommend Hat Rantee which can also be reached by longtail. You can also get there in about 45/50 mins on a steep trail from the Viewpoint.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice needed re beaches

Hi,

Thanks for the update, I have done a little research on Rantee it looks very nice!!

Cheers

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
22,389 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice needed re beaches

Hi,

It is a nice little place, the hike down is challenging to say the least !

Cape Town
Level Contributor
61 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice needed re beaches

Hi MarkWoz

You are right that TonSai can be very crowded. We stayed at Phi Phi Holiday Inn which was perfect. 20 minutes by longtail around the island, but perfect. Get a local to take you around, cheaper than the hotel's boats.

5. Re: Advice needed re beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 08, 2015