We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

m planning to have a 1 night stay in Phi Phi Island as part of Maya Bay Plankton Tour. I'll arrive Phi Phi Island from Phuket @ 1030 AM. and check-in a decent hotel. Then @ 3 PM, will proceed for Maya Bay Plankton Tour and will be back at 9 PM. I'll check-out the next day. Please advise a decent Hotel in Phi Phi Island. I prefer to be close to the beach, but away from the night party and noise and maximum close to the pier. My budget is TB 2500. Kindly advise.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

After searching the net, I have selected 3 Hotels - 1) JJ Bungalow, 2) Bay View Resort, 3) Phi Phi Palms Residence. Any suggestions. Can someone also advise how far is Ton Sai Bay from Long Beach? Is it walkable distance? Please advise.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

I believe most people staying on Long Beach will use a longtail to get back and forth from the main village. Looking at the maps I'd say JJ Bungalow and PP Palms Residence are about a 10-15 minute walk from the Ton Sai Bay pier.

One word of advice that I don't see people mentioning often is the cleanliness of the beaches on the LohDaLum Bay. The Eastern corner is where the water treatment plant drains into the bay. The water appears very dirty and not very well treated. I believe it contaminates a good chunk of that beach. It's very picturesque but we absolutely do not let our young boys swim on that side.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

Dear Michael, thanks for your valuable advice. Do you have any suggestions with regard to the hotel near Ton Sai Bay. Have you stayed in Phi Phi Hotel? Kindly advise.

Prestatyn, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

After much research on the same circumstances we have booked jj residence with out 5y/o. Looks close enough to centre but reviews say you can't hear music etc at night time. Hope this helps.

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

Dear Miss_renegade,

Thanks for the post. Kindly also share your real experience after the trip to PhiPhi Island. I'm planning to go in April 2014.

6. Re: Hotel in Phi Phi Island for a Family with 5 Year old Kid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 21, 2015