We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kyiv, Ukraine
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Hi,

I'll be travelling to Thailand for the first time next week and going to stay at Ko Phi Phi for a few days. Thinking to book a ferry from Krabi but not sure which to choose. I'll be arriving to Krabi airport at 11:50 on Friday so there are only two options: 13:30 (Andaman Wave Master) and 16:00 (Chao Koh Group). So several questions:

1. How long does it take to clear all procedures at the airport in high season and how long does taxi to Klong Jilad pier go? Is it probable to make it on 13:30 boat from arrival at 11:50?

2. How much approximately does a taxi ride cost?

3. Which of two companies has better vessels?

I guess 16:00 is the safe option but still would like to know other opinions. Thanks!

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,080 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Hi,

If the flight's on time you should be able to make the 13.30 ferry. You will do immigration in Bangkok unless you're arriving on an international flight, so really you'll just have to wait for your luggage. The latest you should be out is 12.30. There's a transport desk right by baggage reclaim on the way out and you can get a taxi to the pier from there. Should take 20-25 minutes to get there. You could just leave the ticket and buy it at the pier, that way it wouldn't matter if you were delayed. Although this is a busy time for the ferries they will always cram another few on the boats so unlikely to find you can't get on.

Cheers

Kyiv, Ukraine
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Thank you!

imn
Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Sorry, but can someone please clarify if there is only 1 ferry company from Krabi (Ao Nang) to Phi Phi Don that has 2-3 ferries per day or if there are a lot of different Ferry companies? Any websites would be helpful. Thank you.

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
794 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Only one from Ao Nang:

www.aonangtravel.co.th/timetable/lang/en

Goiania, GO
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Hi there folks... I'm in a difficult situatuation here... I'll arrive in Krabi on Jan 1st around 4:30 PM and won't have time to catch any of the boat ferries but I really need to get to Phi Phi this same day... Does anybody knows any company that does the speedboat transfer from Krabi to Ko Phi Phi after that time?! Thanks a lot for the attention...

Boise, Idaho
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

Felipe, did you happen to ever find out anything? I am trying to do the same thing... I get in around 2:30pm (the same time the last ferry leaves.)

Sao Paulo, SP
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

After the last ferry to Phi Phi Island

If your flight lands later in the afternoon and you will not be able to catch the last ferry to Phi Phi Island you have two alternatives to ensure you're not stranded on your first night of your holiday, these are either a speedboat transfer or a one night stopover.

Speedboat Transfer

Since speedboats are private hire they do not have a fixed schedule and therefore can be available whenever you need them. Another advantage of taking a Speedboat to Phi Phi Island is the speed, in good conditions they take a fraction of the time the ferry will take and they can drop you at the closest beach to your hotel or resort on Phi Phi.

1 Night Stay In Phuket

It can often be more cost effective to stay one night in Phuket and catch a ferry the next day. It's always recommended to confirm your flight details before booking your accommodation in case you don't have a choice it's better to start your holiday in Phuket or Krabi for 1 night and then transfer to Phi Phi.

1 Night Stopover in Phuket | 1 Night Stopover in Krabi

Please be aware that if you have a booking on Phi Phi they will still charge you for your first day even if you check-in a day late. Since speedboats are private hire they do not have a fixed schedule and therefore can be available whenever you need them. Another advantage of taking a Speedboat to Phi Phi Island is the speed, in good conditions they take a fraction of the time the ferry will take and they can drop you at the closest beach to your hotel or resort on Phi Phi.

FOUND THIS AT:

http://phi-phi.com/ferry/

8. Re: Ferry: Krabi to Ko Phi Phi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 02, 2015