We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maya Bay Beach

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Maya Bay Beach

as we dont dive etc and wife dont swim even wondered how early boats go out to 'the beach' as wife would like to get there early before crowds take few photos and head back to PhiPhi Island village and approx cost

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Maya Bay Beach

730-8 but check with your resort. :)

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Maya Bay Beach

Brit sorry but I'm obviously getting to old so dont get your message-please explain

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,710 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Maya Bay Beach

Around 730-8AM you can take a hired longtail boat out from your hotel.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,358 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Maya Bay Beach

Cost may depend where your stay as well :) I would follow Gills advice and email your hotel to help you book this

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
419 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Maya Bay Beach

You can get information about what time and how much with the reception at your hotel you stay..

Romford Essex
Level Contributor
235 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Maya Bay Beach

cheers great advice

Wiltshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Maya Bay Beach

Hi Gill. I think you will pay a premium booking through the hotel. There are a couple of places in the village behind the resort, selling trips etc. (Turn right out of the gate (behind the hotel) and you can't miss them. But, if you turn left and head for th Knockout Bar, although they don't advertise it, they also hire out longtails. The advantage of this, is that the main guy speaks reasonable English, and used to be the scuba diving/ water sports' activity manager for the hotel, so he knows his 'stuff'. I know you are not interested in diving, but at least you will be able to explain what you want. (btw, you also have to pay an entrance fee to go onto the beach - 200bt per person if I remember correctly).

You are absolutely right to get there early - its a nightmare once the tour boats pull in - truly, truly ghastly).

Even if you don't snorkel, it is worth investing in a pair of dive shoes, if you don't already have them. They are not very expensive, but will protect your feet, as you will often have to get out of the longtails, and wade through the sea, to the shore. (Not if you go to Tongsai though). Plus, when the tide goes out at the hotel, it's great to walk out, but there are sharp stones / rocks etc.

It's a great hotel, you'll have a fantastic time.

Mags

8. Re: Maya Bay Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, January 21, 2014